If you are in a relationship, you are familiar with the feeling of distress over small things. Fighting for insignificant reasons is toxic, but it can be prevented. You have the choice to be stressed or not. The state of your relationship depends on how you perceive things like treating a problem as a problem. When you do not make a big deal out of a small mistake, there wouldn’t be any misunderstandings or arguments.
Technology has made it possible for mommies to work at the comfort of their home. They don’t have to worry about leaving their babies with the nanny or think about not having to cook dinner for the family, and it certainly doesn’t make her less of a mom or wife because she can still do her duties.
“Research tells us that this is a common experience for those under stress. That everyone experiences stress and up to a certain level it can be helpful. Yet, stress can negatively impact one’s normal daily functioning or health.” Edna M. Esnil, PsyD said. But whoever said it is easy? Having to work and be a mom at the same time is double the stress. Imagine all the toxicity at work and all the pressure about doing all the chores at home combined! That’s how stressful it is for work-at-home moms.
It is vital that mommies get the rest they deserve, or too much stress from work and chores could affect their overall health. Sometimes, we overestimate them that we forget they are humans also. They get tired and need to rest from time to time, but time is the main problem for mothers. They seem to have no time for themselves!
If you are one of those moms who are in dire need of relaxation, yes, you deserve it! It doesn’t need you to be away, and it would not take too much of your time. You can do some of the simple de-stressing while you are at home.
Simple Ways Stay-At-Home Moms Can Relax And Be Stress-Free:
- Allocate at least 30 minutes each morning for You can sip some tea, meditate, or do yoga. It is up to you what you want to do with this free time as long as you are alone and there is nothing else in your mind but yourself. Marla W. Deibler, PsyD suggests that “Deep breathing encourages our body’s relaxation response. Other calming and stress-reducing activities include progressive muscle relaxation, guided imagery, Tai chi and yoga.”
- In the morning before you work or do chores, do some stretching. It will get rid of the tension from your muscles allowing you to feel energized and refreshed. Clinical psychologist Jenny C. Yip, PsyD said, “For starters, exercise releases endorphins, the body’s “feel-good hormones,” that can calm the mind and relax the body.”
- Set the alarm for all the things you need to do, or you could also write them down on a paper and post it where you will always see it. Indicate which time and which task you’re going to do. It will allow you to organize your day and prevent you from forgetting to do something.
- Drink plenty of water. If you are in front of a computer for eight longs hours or so, it is advisable that you keep a bottle of water beside you. It is good for the body because it prevents
- Go out every weekend. Watch a movie with friends or pamper yourself in a salon. Have a massage or your nails done. Do something that will benefit you mentally and emotionally. Andrea Bonior, PhD, clinical psychologist expresses that “Whether you suffer from seasonal affective disorder or not, the evidence is strong that getting outside just for a little bit can be very helpful.”
Having to do these things doesn’t make you less of a mother. But taking care of yourself, even though doesn’t seem it, is one way to love the people around you. You need to feel good physically, emotionally, and physically to take care of your family more.
Loving your husband and kids requires you to be healthy and lively. The mood of the entire house depends on your mood that’s why it is vital to take good care of yourself as well. Never think of it as a selfish act. It only means you love your family more because you are way past the need to feel happy with them, but you see through the necessity of being well and healthy to be there for them.
[Find The Best Home Remedies And Break Free From It]
Some people find love in their dogs. They prefer them than human companions because according to these people, dogs are more capable of true love and loyalty than most humans are. Some couple who don’t have kids or even those who do have kids choose to have a canine in the house. One of the primary problems of having a pet dog though is having to deal with ticks.
Ticks are stressful because they don’t give up easily. They have the will and capability to stay especially when left untreated. It requires time and attention from owners to get rid of their dog’s parasites to save them from having to lose the life of their precious dog.
Yes! Tick infestation can kill dogs, so no matter how stressful, you, your spouse, or any in the family should bring an end to this nightmare before it’s too late. It is unknown how dogs can be infested with ticks even though they are inside the house all day. Of course, hygiene plays a vital role in it, but ticks find a way to stress you out and keep you up and thinking at night.
If You Are Unsure What Or Where To Get To Finally Get Rid Or Prevent Ticks From Infesting Your Dog, You Can Try The Following Natural Or Home Remedies:
Baking soda does the trick by not only getting rid of the fleas and ticks but the eggs as well. It has the active ingredient which when combined with the cleaning ability of salt can kill and put an end to the eggs. Make sure that your baking soda is active though because you may not get the expected results when it is already expired.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a useful substance in keeping dog fleas away. It can be added to your dog’s water to take internally or make a mixture of it and water to make a spray and serve as fleas and ticks repellent.
Mouthwash can help get rid of the annoying parasites on our dogs. It can be diluted in warm water. The mixture can then be sprayed onto your dog and areas in the house where you think fleas and ticks might be present such as his bed, the carpet, sofa, or corners of the house. You can also pour a little of the mouthwash into your dog’s bath. Let it sit for at least five minutes to let it work properly and then rinse.
These are all-natural home remedies which could help you with your dog’s fleas and ticks because it is undoubtedly stressful when you are dealing with this kind of problem with your beloved dogs. You can talk to your partner or other family members to be keen on taking care of your pets. Allot a time where each of you can take turns in doing or applying what’s necessary to end the stressful occurrence of fleas and ticks on your dogs.
If you and your partner decide on owning a dog, make sure that you both know the responsibility that comes with it. Having a dog is like having a child, and the stress and hurt when something harms them is just about the same. It is better to be ready and knowledgeable about everything that’s necessary for keeping them well.
Watching movies can give us a great deal of relaxation and happiness, especially for people who have creative and imaginative minds. There are various movie genres to choose from depending on your preference, but sci-fi movies or movies based on science fiction can add more color to our imagination. They can help diffuse stress and make us forget our troubles for a while.
Life happens too fast and if we don’t take it easy, we’ll wake up one day and all our troubles pile up. Some people are not strong enough to face all the dramas of life. They often struggle and start cramming to look for answers. Good thing help is everywhere. Sometimes, they are in the form of our dogs. Experts say that they serve as stress relievers, promoting better health.
Psychiatrists are first of all humans too. They may have mastered dealing with stress because they had formal education on it, but it doesn’t shield them from its effect! It only gives them the advantage of knowing how to deal with it. They are knowledgeable about what it does to our health, and therefore, more cautious when it comes to handling the pressure.
Stress can significantly affect a person’s health by attacking the immune system. It is difficult to tell the capacity of a person to handle stress until the body reacts. Life is supposed to be hard, and it is a matter of changing how we view things and how we treat difficulties.
Being surrounded by good people is essential to our wellbeing. It determines our peace and harmony which are vital to a happy life. Choosing the right neighborhood is critical for gaining an abundant and fruitful relationship within the community.
Ask the adults about stress, and they’d probably blab nonstop. You know you’re a grownup when you feel stressed, and it is because by the time we reach adulthood, we are expected to be ready. There is no more room for mistakes, and judgment and criticism will always be an issue in everything we do.
Mothers are the most stressed persons in the world. For them, “Prioritizing daily self-care and making efforts to take action. Accepting that daily self-care is hard work and challenging.” Edna M. Esnil, PsyD said. No one could deny that. Some may say, “That’s not true! I’m raising my kids alone, and I’m a dad!” Yes, technically you’re not the mom, but you are assuming the duties of a mother. The word mother or mom means the person taking care of the whole household, making sure that the kids are healthy, do their homework, brush their teeth and take a shower. This person is also responsible for organizing the whole house making sure it’s tidy: all the dishes are crystal clean; the laundry basket is empty; the fridge is full of food; all the family’s stuff for work or school is ready.
There is just so much a mother should and can do, but if you’re not a mom and you still do all these, then congratulations! You made it to motherhood! Sometimes, it’s exhausting. It makes a mom preoccupied with all her daily tasks. She dedicates her time to the welfare of her husband and children. There are times she would sacrifice her happiness and health just to make sure her family is doing great.
Moms need to pause from being the superwoman. Sometimes, she also needs to breathe and relax!
10 Simple Ways For Moms To Manage Stress And Relax:
- According to Melanie McNally, PsyD, LCPC Pick at least two hours a day every week to spend time with no one but yourself. It could be during the weekends, so there’s no work or school staff to prepare.
- Buy a new dress or clothes at least once a month if you’re tight on the budget. Looking presentable can lessen the stress because you will feel good about yourself.
- Buy a new pair of shoes at least every month. Oprah said, “A pair of good shoes take you to good places.” You may not want to go anywhere, but it can get you to look and feel better.
- Have a facial biweekly. Pamper yourself at least twice a month. Moms are too busy they can’t notice their age catching up unless the fine lines are noticeable. It can be tremendously stressful to look stressed, so take care of your skin!
- Have a whole-body massage Take care of yourself because you are most likely the only one who will. Soothe your skin and release the tensions from your muscles by going to the spa.
- Meet with close friends biweekly. It may seem unimportant to meet up with friends because of overwhelming mommy duties, but later on, you will realize that you need a good talk over a cup of tea with your favorite people.
- Read a good book. Relax your mind and take it somewhere else. Expand your knowledge and learn new things. Learning is limitless, and so as what you can do.
- Take a long bath. Buy your favorite essence and pour it into the water and indulge for an hour or two. Feel your body relax and be nourished.
- You can pause from your daily tasks at least once in a while to watch a feel-good movie all by yourself.
- Set a cheat day and eat your favorite food. It can be chocolates or ice cream, anything that would make you feel happy.
“Self-care is what we do for ourselves in order to better manage our stress and maintain a sense of balance. It is an on-going process and something we should be implementing daily rather than waiting for stress to completely overwhelm or overtake us.” –Melanie McNally, PsyD, LCPC
Ryan M. Niemiec Psy.D. reminds everyone that “Any relaxation strategy involves use of your self-regulation strength. This strength involves taking control of your breathing and creating a greater feeling of calmness in your body’s physiology.” Yes, it is the responsibility of a mother to give her 101% best in taking care of the whole family, but she also must take good care of herself because even though everybody loves her so dearly, chances are no one will. Always remember -“Happy mom, happy fam!”